HIP HOP BY POETIK ELISE


Band website hosting

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

PICTURES AND POETRY (THE HUSTLE)






THE HUSTLE (Copywritten 2006)


Life is a hustle with half it endeavors counterfeit...up against its odds...sometimes doubting it...how to beat something that's seems to fit...keep reaching like it aint no ones business...I depend on this very last lyric to help me eat....

Prolific/terrific/sista... I am gifted...if you can't see my point... you mustve got lifted drifted and missed it...I can take you further than any calgon...hotter than rayon...the brightest crayon in the box...but I stop to listen to the next man...telling me he's trying to do the best he can and I shake my head like I understand saying "yeah I know...reality is I am still trying to understand the struggle of a black man and why he won't grow...cause he tap dance in the hood...looking like he's up to no good... And I back him up a hundred percent, especially when he gets bent...to me he's heaven sent if he grows a backbone...hold down his household...and keeps his word at paying off a loan...I need to live right...I continue to tell the devil I don't need his slice...can't act like I don't want the good life...can't front like I don't know the hard life...some give me advice on how to chase after, my slave master face on a green piece of paper, its like human nature how we cater like waiters to get payment later, I guess that's fair...I worked my fare share, quit a couple of jobs here and there, scooping ice cream, listening to babies scream, fed ex, being on a fake ass team, target can't pay...so I can't stay...To many days of clothes washing, watching people Kmart shopping...selling perfume sets... That piece of paper that I constantly ....

fret will have me working the rest of my life to pay off school debt...camouflage your dreams with a monkey suit it seems dead end job and no hope/ life sucked out of you wash away your image with destitute like a monkey see/ monkey do....

but that same monkey get in trouble too

dont be sad I was guilty of it too, its all apart of the hustle....

so what's an afro American to do but pray for the right tools and put it to use and hope to get juice for facing a little truth.I guess this is to be continued but ....


.. ..

2 comments:

  1. Your poem was straight to the point, No speed bumps, nor pot holes. I enjoyed it a lot. Keep up the good work girly.... Please continue to spread knowledge to help those that may be on the wrong track for now....

    I wish you much success on your endeavors..
    Thank you Kamilla

    Camille.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW THANKS CAM...I WILL COME BACK TO THIS COMMENT ANY TIME I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT,,,GOD BLESS KAMILLA

    ReplyDelete